Good Luck to all the New Students!!


It’s freshers’ week student nurses all over the UK will be starting their degree and will come across experiences and challenged that will completely change their views and outlook on life, not just in their career but personally too.

I feel excited for all the new student nurses. They will learn the fundamentals of nursing care. All of the current second and third year students will remember most of the difficulties of learning clinical procedures and the fear of not doing it right. I definitely remember the first time I gave an injection, changed a dressing or helped someone go to the toilet. Most importantly, I remember the joy of being able to support patients at a time when they need care.

I feel that nursing changes you in a personal way and you you will probably still remember some of the patients you met during your training even after you graduate.  I feel quite excited on the new student’s behalf – wishing I could turn the clock back and go through again some, if not all, of the variety, challenges and real life experience that nurse training offers. Good luck to all the new students.


No comments:

Post a Comment